Posts tagged ‘360 support’
It’s always a good idea to keep a regular service schedule for your forklift fleet, but we all fall behind or forget occasionally. When it comes to keeping forklifts safe and productive, our motto is: “When in doubt, check it out!” If you think you might have missed a service appointment, or you can’t remember when you had the last one, here are nine ways to help figure out if it’s time for a checkup.
- Check your calendar. Has it been six months or more? If the answer is yes, it’s time for a service call.
- Count the hours. If you have a general idea of when your forklift was last serviced, you can count the hours of use to help figure out if it’s time for a service call. If you have an internal combustion forklift, has it been 250* hours or more since the last service? If you have an electric forklift, has it been in use for 500* hours or more? If either answer is yes, it’s time to service your forklift.
- Notice the tires. Check your forklift tires for cuts, cracks, tire treads, or bald spots. If you see anything unusual, it’s a reason for a service call.
- Focus on the forks. Are your forks cracked, dented, or misshapen in any way? If so, you run the risk of dropping or damaging a load. Don’t take the chance. It’s time for a service call.
- Check the chains. Take a good look at your forklift chains to check for rust, corrosion, kinks, or other damage. Properly lubricated forklift chains usually last around 6,000 hours. If you see damage anywhere at any time, it’s time to service your forklift chains to make sure they are safe.
- Look for oil leaks. If the oil level is low in your forklift, you run the risk of increased friction and temperatures, which can cause problems in other parts of the forklift. Oil leaks are also a safety hazard for other forklifts and pedestrians. If your forklift leaks even a small amount of oil, it’s time for an immediate service call.
- Listen up. Are your brakes grinding? Are your tires squeaking? Is the mast making an unusual sound? Noises are often the first sign of a problem — time to make a call.
- Follow your nose. Do you smell fuel coming from the forklift engine? If so, you may need a new filter or another type of service.
- Call your local forklift dealer. If your local dealership services your forklift, they’ll be able to tell you exactly when it was in for repair. Let them do the work, so you don’t have to.
If you’re concerned about your forklift or forklift fleet, click here to schedule a service appointment to help put your mind at ease.
*These are generalizations. Please check your manufacturer’s guide or manual for information on your specific forklift.
If you’re in the manufacturing or distribution industry, you probably know that unplanned downtime is one of the worst things that can happen to a business. It often means productivity comes to a standstill. Nothing is being produced, packaged, or moved, but your overhead expenses are still ticking away by the minute. All of this can lead to enormous amounts of stress, which then leads to poor decision–making and mistakes. It can really mess up your day.
The reality is that unplanned downtime can happen to any business at any time, and it can do a lot of damage. Not only is it costly, but unplanned downtime can also affect employee morale, your business reputation, and future sales.
Toyota 360 support is the most comprehensive support promise in the industry, designed to save you money, downtime, and headaches. The ultimate goal is to give you peace of mind with the knowledge that Toyota is in your corner when you need it most.
360 Support promises you unparalleled support in the event of unplanned downtime.
- Four-hour guaranteed turnaround time on emergency maintenance requests
- A Toyota Certified Technician trained on Toyota forklifts
- Toyota Genuine Parts to retain the quality, reliability, and value legendary in Toyota forklifts
- An industry-leading two-year parts warranty
- Toyota standard and Extra Care Warranty programs
- Optional T-Matics support
- Toyota Mobile Service app
- And if you want to do more, you can help prevent unplanned downtime altogether with 360 Support Plus, which includes a planned maintenance plan
If you’re in the market for a new forklift, click here to watch a video about Toyota 360 Support. If you’ve already bought a Toyota forklift, click here to watch a video about 360 Support Plus and Toyota’s planned maintenance plan.
Unplanned downtime happens to every business at some point, but it doesn’t have to ruin your day completely. Partner with Toyota to make sure you’ve got the best support in the industry to tackle unplanned downtime when you need it.