Have you wondered if you should utilize autonomous mobile robots in your warehouse or distribution center? Well, you are not alone.
The use of autonomous mobile robots to improve efficiency in warehouses and distribution centers is undoubtedly on the rise. A recent study found that investment in warehouse robotics increased by 57% in the first quarter of 2020. It is a clear sign of things to come.
In fact, according to an August 2021 report by Research and Markets, the global warehouse automation market will reach $30.99 billion in 2025, and experts predict there will be 50,000 robotic warehouses by the same year.
So, you might ask yourself how autonomous mobile robots can benefit your warehouse, what you can automate, and what these robots can do?
If you are thinking about implementing warehouse automation and robots, here are answers to frequently asked questions about what robots can do for you.
What can autonomous mobile robots do in a facility?
Autonomous mobile robots can handle hundreds of tasks every day and thousands of orders every week. Here are some of the tasks robots can complete in a warehouse:
How are autonomous mobile robots used in warehouses and distribution centers?
- Autonomous mobile robots can replace conventional conveyors with portable and affordable plug-and-play systems to save space.
- Autonomous mobile robots can transport heavy objects to reduce employee strain and injury.
- Drones can conduct aerial inventory scanning, reach secluded areas in the warehouse, and inspect stock.
- Task robots can complete repetitive functions.
- Delivery robots can help with order picking.
- Palletizing robots can pick one or multiple cases and quickly and accurately place them on a pallet.
How does the Internet of Things (IoT) enhance robot functions?
- IoT sensors transform multiple warehouse devices into intelligent devices that communicate in real-time without human intervention.
- IoT connects and coordinates your distribution facility, so workers, robots, managers, and automated vehicles always know the location of items.
What are the benefits of autonomous mobile robots?
- Increased turnaround time
- Reduced costs
- Enhanced customer satisfaction
- Reduced labor and operational costs
- Reduced handling and storage costs
- Improved employee satisfaction
- Greater inventory control
- Optimized warehouse space
- Increased employee safety
- Reduced physical strain on employees
- Reduced amount of errors/returns
- Reduced employee injuries from repetitive tasks
What kind of equipment can you automate in a warehouse or distribution center?
- Pallet movers
- Local delivery vehicles
What kind of robots are popular to use in a warehouse?
- Mobile robots
- Task robots
Warehouse automation and robots will continue to grow in the years ahead. Many companies in Los Angeles County begin with a warehouse management system, data collection, and inventory management.
Our systems and automation experts are available to guide you in your journey through warehouse automation. If you need help or advice, contact us today.Tags: automation, warehouse solutions