Got questions about which pallet rack system is suitable for your application? We have answers.
In this post of our Ask the Expert Series, Director of Sales and Marketing Anthony Spano answers frequently asked questions about pallet racking. Anthony has worked in the material handling industry for decades. He uses his knowledge to help companies streamline their warehouse storage systems to optimize productivity and maximize profitability.
If you have questions about systems and automation, we guarantee Anthony, and his team of experts will have the answers.
What are the benefits of finding the correct type of racking?
Finding the right type of racking leads to more efficiency, greater accessibility, and improved employee safety.
What is selective pallet racking?
Selective pallet racking is the most flexible and popular pallet racking method on the market today.
What are some of the advantages of selective pallet racking?
- Easy to install with no special tools or training
- Special interlock system to protect against tampering and damage
- Commonly uses single deep or double deep pallet racks
What are the benefits of single deep pallet racking?
- Flexible and low cost
- Allows operators access to every product SKU
- Great for companies where products must be stored and retrieved quickly
What are the benefits of a double deep pallet rack?
- Better space utilization
- It can pick multiple pallets simultaneously
- Comparable in cost to single deep racking
What is a pallet flow rack?
A pallet flow rack, commonly referred to as a gravity-flow rack, is designed to save space, labor, and energy. It feeds pallets at one end and retrieves pallets at the other.
What are some of the advantages of a pallet flow rack?
- Uses gravity to save space, labor costs, and energy
- It can be combined with automated storage and retrieval systems for increased efficiency and productivity
- An excellent solution for companies in the freezer, warehouse, food handling, and e-commerce industries.
What is push-back racking?
Push-back pallet racking uses carts installed in the racks and stores several pallets on a slight upward incline.
What are some of the benefits of push-back racks?
- Provides high-density storage in a single-aisle
- Provides deep storage for medium turnover products
What is a cantilever rack?
Cantilever racks are custom racking systems designed to store long, bulky, or oddly shaped products.
What are some of the advantages of cantilever racking?
- Custom built with the strength for multilevel storage at any desired height
- Great for furniture, lumber, and other companies with large, cumbersome products
What is a drive-in/drive-through rack?
Companies use drive-in/drive-through racking to store massive quantities of products.
What are some of the advantages of drive-in/drive-thru racks?
- Efficient and straightforward to set up
- It uses fewer aisles than standard racks, making it easy to store 75% more pallets
- A variety of heights and depths are available
Do you need help designing a warehouse storage system or pallet rack system? Contact us for a free consultation today! Our team of experienced material handling experts is standing by to help you.
Hungry for more information about working with us to optimize your warehouse? Click here to learn the first step in the process, how much you need to be involved, what you will get back from us, and more.Tags: free resources, warehouse solutions